Sub Report is auto running while loading of the Main Report in Yellowfin 7.3

Jhansi Kommineni shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

Recently we migrated our test environment to Yellowfin 7.3 from 7.1 and we found some critical issue that sub report is auto running while loading of the Main report where we set the "Autorun Report on Load" as "Off" in all the reports. Its like one of the blocker for us to migrate the production environments.

To Replicate the issue:

1. Create Main Report as "Report-A" where we need to keep the "Autorun Report on Load" as "Off". Add some mandatory filter to the report and keep some default Value for the filter.

2. Create the Second report as "Report-B" and set the "Autorun Report on Load" as "Off". Add some mandatory filter to the report and keep some default Value for the filter.

3. Add the 2nd Report(Report-B) as the Co-Bottom report for Main Report(Report-A) and pass the filter value to the sub report.

4. Now when we open the Main report, Main Report is not running but the Co-Bottom Sub report(Report-B) is running automatically while loading.

Is there any specific setting need to do anywhere globally.

Can you please let me know If you need further information.

Below is the system information.

System InformationApplication Version:7.3Build:20170420Java Version:1.7.0_80Operating System:Linux 2.6.32-642.3.1.el6.x86_64 (amd64)

Thanks

Jhansi

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Jhansi,

In each of my tests, this feature performed as expected. This makes me think that what you are noticing is specific to your upgrade path.

What build of 7.1 were you on prior to upgrading to 7.3?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please let us know if we need to do anything in upgrade path.

Here is the build version of Yellowfin 7.1 that we had earlier.

System InformationApplication Version:7.1Build:20160728Java Version:1.7.0_80Operating System:Linux 2.6.32-642.3.1.el6.x86_64 (amd64)

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

Hi Jhansi,

Thanks for the information. It is the end of my day now, but I will test this upgrade first thing tomorrow and see if I have any luck replicating this.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for about to test the upgrade. We had some other few issues as well. I will report them today.

Thanks

Jhansi

photo
photo

Hi Jhansi,

I have been able to replicate this issue. In my first tests, the "Autorun Report on Load" did not save so I was not able to replicate correctly.

In looking through our system it appears that this issue has already been raised and fixed, and was included in the most recent May end of month release of 7.3. When you get a chance to upgrade can you please confirm that this now works properly for you as well?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the update. I will upgrade 7.3 to latest build and will recheck the issue.

Let you know the result once I recheck the issue after upgrade

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

Hi Jhansi,

Sounds good!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

We upgraded our environment to latest build(20170523). The issue is resolved now. You can close the ticket.

Thanks

Jhansi.

photo

Glad to hear it Jhansi!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file