How to visible users&roles in system admin

sreenu shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Dear Yellowfin Team,

In system admin level created client organization (Test).Now login with Test and create the users and role.These users are not visible in system admin .So these roles and users should be visible in system admin.Please find the attached screen shots.

Thanks,

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Sreenu,

I am a bit confused as to what you are referring to here. In general, content, users, and roles created in the client organization will not be visible from the parent organization.

If this is not what you are referring to it would help if you could clarify what you mean by "system admin".

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

System admin means like admin have all the rights.

photo

Hi Sreenu,

So in this case the role permission? I was just confused as to whether you were referring to the default client organization so thanks for the clarification.

Unfortunately I have not been able to replicate this issue.

What version and build are you using (you can find this in the "System Information" section of the admin console)

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Application Version:7.3Build:20170420

Thanks,

photo
photo

Hi Sreenu,

Unfortunately I am not able to replicate this issue on your build. Would you be interested in scheduling a time to screen-share? If so, please let me know what time works best for you. I am on United States Mountain Time.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Please can you schedule a webex session on tomorrow at 10.30 am to 12.00pm(IST).I am working in India Time.

Thanks,

photo
photo

Hi Sreenu,

Unfortunately I will not be able to make that time as it is about midnight my time. To clarify:

At the default organization you cannot see users that were created at the client organization?

If this is what you are referring to, this is expected behavior. As users can belong to many organizations, it would be misleading to have them visible at them all visible at the default organization.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Please can you send your available time,i will join the session.

Thanks,

photo
photo

Hi Sreenu,

As I mentioned in my previous response, it may not be possible for us to screen-share as the timezones have very little overlap. Can you please confirm if this is what you are referring to:

"At the default organization you cannot see users that were created at the client organization?

If this is what you are referring to, this is expected behavior. As users can belong to many organizations, it would be misleading to have them visible at them all visible at the default organization."

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Dear Nathan,

I want to see the user and roles in default organization that were created at the client organization. It is possible or not.

Thanks,

photo

Hi Sreenu,

Thank you for the clarification. This is not possible.

As users can exist in multiple organizations, the UI will only show the users relevant to he current organization. There are other ways to go about displaying this information such as web-services and direct queries of the configuration database, but there are more advanced. Please let me know if you would like me to elaborate.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for clarification.

Regards,

photo

No problem!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file