Web services API capabilities to work with views

Eran Withana shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Trying to work with the Web services API to notify the client if there are changes to their views occurring due to the underlying data changes. Just wondering whether the following can be done through the Web services API or any other integration mechanism.

1. Is there a way to get the list of views and their content created by a given client organization?
  2. If so, is there a way to modify the view and post it to that client organization?
  3. Is there a way to create a notification to a client so that when he logs in, he will see it in the dashboard?

A question related to Reports

1. Can the Web services API be used to get a list of reports and then make Yellowfin snapshot a given list of reports?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Eran,

While there are no web-service calls that focus on the database level, most of this can be done through other means.

1. This will need to be queried out of the configuration database. If you are interested and can provide me with a bit of detail on what exactly what you want to see from this, I can provide you with a query to accomplish it.
  2. This depends what modification you are interested in doing, but will also need to be done through queries to the configuration database. Can you elaborate a bit here.
  3. If the underlying data changes you may be able to catch this with a broadcast alert, or conditional formatting on a report in the dashboard, but this again depends on what type of changes you are intending to make to your underlying data.

Sorry for the broad response here, if you can elaborate a bit I should be able to give more case specific suggestions.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Eran,

Have you had any luck in resolving this?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Eran,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file