Order of fields in dimension folders (connected to SSAS tabular model)

Chris Nelson shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

I am evaluating Yellowfin and have a question about the order of fields in the dimension folders. I have connect to an SSAS Tabular model. When I look inside the dimension folders, the individual fields seem to be in a random order, which makes it very hard to locate what you are looking for. (see image). Is it possible to get these to display in alphabetical order?

ca9d9cfe9082aec410eac59517a7dfc5

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch about this, hopefully you're enjoying Yellowfin so far! This is a good question, and unfortunately I don't think that I have a very good answer for you. The easiest way to find what you're looking for in the Prepare stage of the view builder is to use the search box at the top of the folder pane. Not that it would likely help the situation you face, but you can also manually reorder the fields by dragging and dropping them within the pane.

However, since I can definitely see the use case for to have some kind of 'auto alpha sort' for your folders, I'm going to convert this to Question to an Idea. This means that it will go before the Product Team for consideration on inclusion in a future Yellowfin build.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions on this, or if there is anything else that we can do for you from Support.

Thanks!

-Conner

photo

Hi Chris,

This idea has been logged in our internal systems.

We will update this ticket as soon as this enhancement is implemented.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahe

Leave a Comment

Attach a file