Turn Off Wrap Text by Default

Jason Kaczmarek shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

Is there any way to turn off the "Wrap Text" feature on the default report setup?

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Jason,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. The "Wrap Text" setting is a column-specific formatting set on a column per report basis and is only alterable once you've added a column to your report. Unfortunately, there is no column-specific formatting option available for "Wrap Text" in the default "Content Settings" at this time. The default behavior of "Wrap Text" is set to on, likely to facilitate the initial building of reports, since long string columns would make it difficult to review all of the columns in the Report Builder during your initial build.

That being said, I'm converting this over to an Idea. These are created as candidates for Enhancement Requests. Before becoming a request, ideas will be reviewed by our Product Team and chosen for Enhancements based on feasibility, level of positive impact to the user experience, and votes from the community. Since there are some existing column formatting defaults available in "Content Settings," I feel this is a good candidate. You can monitor this post for future information regarding this request.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi, wanted to check on status for this. I'm hoping it's in before we upgrade to the next version so that we will have it.

This should be an option in the Admin console so that wrap can be turned off globally, and then turned on at a per field or per header basis, rather than vice-versa, if an organization doesn't want wrap on by default.

It's a lot of work to turn wrap off on every field, particularly because the "Custom" style selection that has to be enabled to do that doesn't keep the rest of the default options so you have to keep track of what else you also need to change if you switch to custom.

photo

Hi Jess,

Thanks for checking in on this item and adding your show of Support for possible implementation of this in future versions. I've added your suggestions to the internal task on this. Unfortunately it still has not been decided whether this will actually be implemented at this time, so this will likely not make it into the next version. Please subscribe here for further updates regarding this.

Thank you,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file