Drill down to transactions

Ashleigh Gray shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to drill down to the transactions in the underlying database from within Yellowfin? I know other BI software offers this ability and was wondering if Yellowfin had a similar feature? I'm looking to return the transactions from the database to allow for deeper analysis of the data, i.e. if the UK has 100 sales I'd like to see those 100 sales in their raw format as they are stored in the database. I've seen this done with the likes of Pentaho using OLAP cubes and was just curious to see if Yellowfin did anything of the sort.

Regards,

Ashleigh

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Ashleigh,

yes Yellowfin does indeed allow you to see your data in the raw format as it is stored in the database.

This may be done at the view level:

/v03U8TwquRYAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

and also at the report level

regards,

David

photo

Hi Ashleigh,

I'm just cleaning up my work list and I noticed that this Question has been stuck on the "Awaiting Reply" status for over a month now, so I'm just wondering whether you would consider it can be marked as "Answered" or not.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. This wasn't quite what I was looking to do. I was trying to drill down to the underlying database table and see the raw transactions in their entirety, not just format certain fields to show the raw data. I'm assuming this simply isn't a feature of Yellowfin.

Best,

Ashleigh

photo

Hi Ashleigh,

I'm wondering if we are misunderstanding one other's terminology - we certainly have Drill Down functionality (as well as Drill Through and Drill Anywhere). And to expound on this by continuing with your example:

if the UK has 100 sales then using Yellowfin's Drill Down feature it should be possible (depending on how the data is stored) to drill down to see that of those 100 total sales, England has 50 of them, Scotland 25, Wales 20, Northern Ireland 5, and then drill down on England to see that of those 50 England sales, 40 are from Greater London, 5 from Lancashire, 5 from Cornwall.

If that's the sort of functionality you are after then please read the above link to our Wiki article on the subject, otherwise, it it's not the functionality you are after then could you please give a more detailed description of what you're looking for.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Ashleigh,

I'm just checking in again with you to see if my last response answered your question or not? If it didn't and you have further questions then please don't hesitate to ask, and if it did then please feel free to mark this question as "Answered" (or just let me know and I can do it for you)

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file